Thursday, February 1, 2007

It is a good day

I'm here at my messy desk thinking about what my plans for the next week should be. Thoughts course though my mind like a busy intersection, each going their own direction, but not converging. It's often like that when you are a busy grad student getting everything ready to complete your final project. Add a family to that, and outside responsibilities, and you get people asking you "How do you get it all done?" By the grace of God and by the skin of my teeth to be honest.

This semester I'm pulling together three Middle School Choirs for a joint conducting recital. We started rehearsing the music this week and should be ready for my recital on April 14. Wish me a lot of luck!

This weekend the event that has consumed my thoughts and efforts will occur. Dona Ana Lyric Opera is presenting Hansel and Gretel by Engelbert Humperdink. I'm singing the part of the mother. Opening night is Friday Feb. 2 and I'll be performing on the 2nd and the 4th.

After the opera, I'll settle down to a routine of rehearsals with the middle schools, my own rehearsals with University Singers, and a lot of library time. Life is good and I have a lot to be grateful for.

No comments: