Saturday, April 7, 2007

What Keeps Me Busy Nowadays

I love political blogging! It's hard to stay away from this pleasant pastime, but, alas, I must work diligently on what is decidedly my first interest - Music. This self imposed exile must last for at least a month (although I may slip an article in here over this time period).

Right now I'm analyzing Beethoven's First Symphony, finishing a paper, and preparing for both my recital AND my oral exams. It keeps me busy.

Here is the divine First Symphony in C Major, Opus 21, by Ludwig von Beethoven
Directed by Herbert von Karajan


I must add this visualization of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor! Let the kids see this and see if they can find the subject of the fugue. It has a specific shape and can be seen in inversion (upside down) and retrograde inversion (upside down and backwards!!!)

No comments: